Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] AIX BPF woahs, and fix for other problem with tcpdump.

From: Jaime Fournier <jafour1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 21:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after much tweaking on ethereal, and libpcap I
have it working ok with dlpi, with slight exception
that I only see inbound traffic.

I saw in some earlier threads where people got the
tcpdump: please do not specify existing file en1
or something along that line.
The fix for this is to run
iptrace -u
This is an undocumented feature to unload a module
left loaded from an iptrace most likely killed with
signal 9.

So with that said, I get a new error that is odd.
After a random amount of packets, ussually less than
30 I get:
tethereal: Error while capturing packets: read: A
memory address is not in the address space for the
process.

I have seen in the documentation that no one has
access to an AIX development box, perhaps the libpcap
folks.
I can make one available for anyone that would like to

possibly work on this etc.
In addition, any
information needed pertaining to AIX should be
easy to provide.

Thanks in advance.
Please copy directly as I am not current on the list.

Jaime Fournier

=====
Jaime Fournier