Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal

From: "Rick Farina" <sidhayn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:51:34 -0400
Sounds to me like you are not wanting to see the acctual traffic, you just
want to see who is hogging the bandwidth.  Might I suggest www.ntop.org
I believe that ntop should be better suited to this sort of task.  It will
show top bandwidth users, and what they are doing (ftp, audiogalaxy, http,
etc) but will not show the exact traffic as ethereal would.  Seems like a
pain to sift through 79 computers that you don't want to find a high
bandwidth users when ntop will tell you in a second.

-Rick Farina