Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Data from Legacy capture machine

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 02:20:33 +0200
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 07:36:07AM +0800, darren wrote:
> I understand that to use ethereal to dissect this data, I need to follow
> its format.whats the best way to convert this kind of data into those
> usable by ethereal??

If you know the file format (and it seems you do), then it shouldn't be
very hard to write a wiretap module for it. Download the ethereal sources
and look into the wiretap directory. In case you only want to be able
to read that format, you won't have to implement write support. With
this step done, you will be able to transform your capture file into
various other formats (see editcap in the Ethereal package).

 Ciao
        Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know