Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Only Sniffing ONE Machine

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:48:25 +0200
On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 01:34:24PM -0500, Jim Hale wrote:
> We used Ethereal (that gets installed with RH 7.3) and it worked fine -
> but just wanted to know if there was a way to only sniff one IP address
> that we happen to be having problems with so we don't have to wade thru
> the entire log.

Sure. When you start a capture, type the appropriate filter into the
filter field. The syntax can be found with "man tcpdump" (ethereal
uses the same base library for packet capture as tcpdump).

  Ciao
          Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know