Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] TCP/IP Bindings Problem

From: "Will Pincek" <william_mark70@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 02:33:41 +0000

I've had Ethereal up and running for some time now but recently I have been unable to use it. I'm not sure what I did but I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what went wrong.

So far I've, uninstalled/reinstalled Ethereal and WinPcap 5 or 6 times, uninstalled/reinstalled TCP/IP, and uninstalled/reinstalled my Ethernet interface only to see the same output from Ethereal.

When I bring up Ethereal, and select Capture-Start, I get a window labeled "Packet DLL" with an OK button.  It states, "Can not find TCP/IP bindings. In order to run the packet capture driver you must install TCP/IP."  When I click OK, the Ethereal: Capture Preferences box comes up and NO interfaces are listed in the Interface pull down menu.

While trying to troubleshoot, I also installed WinDump.  When starting WinDump from the command line, the same "Packet DLL"  OK box, described above, pops up.

Again, I've been using Ethereal for the past 2 years.  Currently, I am using version 0.8.18.

I also see no other TCP/IP related problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

This message has been 'sanitized'. This means that potentially dangerous content has been rewritten or removed. The following log describes which actions were taken.

Sanitizer (start="1014950025"):
  SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.html", mimetype="text/html"):
    Match (rule="default"):
      Enforced policy: accept

  Rewrote HTML tag: >>_div style='background-color:'_<<
                as: >>_div MANGLED_ON_PURPOSE_style='background-color:'_<<
  Total modifications so far: 1

Anomy 0.0.0 : Sanitizer.pm $Id: Sanitizer.pm,v 1.32 2001/10/11 19:27:15 bre Exp $