Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Unknown ICQ Messages

From: Scott Fringer <fringsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:20:09 -0500
Hello,
  I'm running Ethereal 0.9.1 under Solaris 7.  I am noting the following
messages when viewing a capture:

ICQ: Unknown version (23655)
ICQ: Unknown version (23655)
ICQ: Unknown version (40839)
ICQ: Unknown version (40839)

  The capture in question was actually generated by a Shomiti Gigabit
Explorer; but I was wanting to use the Follow TCP Streams feature of
Ethereal.

  Any ideas what these are informing me of (besides the obvious that
it's not sure of the version of some ICQ traffic).  How do I determine
the offending frames?

Thanks,
 Scott
--
Scott Fringer                              Shands Healthcare @ U.F.
Network Systems Analyst                        Gainesville, FL