Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] latest versions stop capturing token ring

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:20:10 -0600
Thank you.  The problem was that the card was not setup to support promiscuous
mode (just rebuilt the laptop forgot to do it).  So this is the matrix of the
operations.

         \ Card | Promiscuous  | Non-Promiscuous   |
Ethereal   \
Promiscuous     | Full Capture | No capture at all |
Non-Promiscuous | Inbound only | Inbound only      |

Not exactly an ideal case, but I can live with it.

Thank you, Tony.

Tony Gordon (tony.gordon@xxxxxxxxxx)
Information Systems
Hewitt Associates LLC
100 Half Day Rd., Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Fax: (847) 295-8877

|--------+------------------------------->
|        |          Guy Harris           |
|        |          <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>     |
|        |                               |
|        |          02/21/2002 12:50 PM  |
|        |                               |
|--------+------------------------------->
  |      To:          Tony Gordon/National/Hewitt Associates@Hewitt Associates |
  |       NA                                                                   |
  |      cc:          ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx                              |
  |      Subject:   Re: [Ethereal-users] latest versions stop capturing token  |
  |       ring                                                                 |

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:46:02AM -0600, tony.gordon@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am not so much concerned with the older version.  If it had a bug, so
> what..  I am more concerned with the latest version not doing captures
> at all.  Is there something I can do to narrow down the problem?

Did you try bot  promiscuous and non-promiscuous mode?  If not, that's
the first thing you can do....