Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Dr Watson Errors

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:04:36 -0800
On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 11:08:39AM -0500, Tina A. Boroff wrote:
> I am having an issue with Ethereal loading captures.  If I try to load a
> capture I receive a Dr Watson Error.

That's not a universal problem, as I was able to load a capture file
with the Win32 version of Ethereal 0.9.1.

Therefore, the problem may well be due to a bug in a protocol dissector,
meaning we'd either need

	1) a stack trace (if you can get that from Dr. Watson, for
	   example if you have Visual C++ installed you might be able to
	   ask Dr. Watson to start its debugger - I don't remember what
	   button you push to do that, you're on your own figuring out
	   how to do that, and how to get a stack trace from the
	   debugger)

or

	2) one of the capture files that fails to load, so we can try to
	   run Ethereal with that capture

in order to figure out which dissector has the problem and what the
problem is.