Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal 0.9.1 compile failures

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:04:02 -0800 (PST)
> I'm trying to build ethereal 0.9.1 on Solaris 8 (using gcc 2.95.3), and I'm
> dying in the linking stage:

Go to the top-level source directory for Ethereal, and do:

	make distclean

Then run

	./configure 2>&1 | tee /tmp/configure.out

(if you're using the Bourne shell or a compatible shell such as the Korn
shell or the Bourne-again shell) or

	./configure |& tee /tmp/configure.out

(if you're using the C shell or a compatible shell such as tcsh).

Then run

	make 2>&1 | tee /tmp/make.out

or

	make |& tee /tmp/make.out

(see above rules to indicate which to do).

Then mail, to ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx, the *full* contents of *both*
files (in attachments).

(I was able to build it on Solaris 8, with 2.95.1, with no problem.)