Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal.exe file

From: "John A. Beach" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:07:16 -0500

>> I am running windows NT.  I downloaded ethereal but when I installed the
>> software the ethereal.exe file did not install on my hard drive.

GH> I.e., you used the "Find" program from the Start menu, looking for
GH> "ethereal.exe" on your C: drive, and it found nothing?

The same thing happened to me.

When I first installed Ethereal, I wasn't used to the installation
program and I clicked the items that I wanted installed.  In fact,
selecting an item in the listview removes the items from the
installation.

It should have been apparent to me that clicking the icons deselected
them (because they lose their color) but I guess I just had a brain
fade...

-jb