Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Time display

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:05:54 -0800 (PST)
> I am sure (as I can be!) that I once managed to get a relitive time
> display and set an arbitary datum.
> Can I find out how to do it now ? - no!
>
> I wish to set an arbitary packet as time zero, look at thnigs then set
> another etc.

I.e., you were able to make an arbitrary packet be the packet at time
zero?

I am as sure as I can be that you're remembering incorrectly; I don't
remember Ethereal ever having that capability.

You can display packet time stamps as:

	1) absolute time stamps - those aren't settable unless you have
	   the power of Time Control:

		http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/fun/devivals/XXDAYad/XX-Day-photos/StangCam/XXMorn-July5/7amTN/_37.html

	2) relative time stamps - those are relative to the beginning of
	   the capture, and, again, are settable only if you have the
	   power of Time Control;

	3) delta time stamps - those are relative to the previous
	   displayed packet.