Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal 0.8.19 on Sun Sparc S 5.6

From: bill chan <bill.chan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:44:01 -0800
I just installed ethereal 0.8.19. Login as root, I can capture network
data. However, wheen logon as other accounts, I got permission denied:
'The capture session could not initiated (/dev/hem0: No such
file  or directory). Please check to make sure you have sufficient
permission, and that you have the proper interface or pipe specified.'

Is that mean Ethereal can ONLY be ran by 'root' ?

thanks

bill