Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capture filters - 0.91 quirks for MS-Windows - found a w

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:16:34 -0800 (PST)
> You get a parsing error if you attempt to enter a filter under the
> sequence:
>
> Capture
>   Start
>      Filter
>        <enter your filter name and filter string>

I fired up Ethereal 0.9.1, selected "Start" from the "Capture" menu,
clicked on the "Filter" button (I assume, from "enter your filter name
and filter string", that the "Filter" item in your description refers to
clicking the "Filter" button, as there's no place to enter a filter name
in the "Capture Options" dialog box), put "hello" in the "Filter name:"
field and "host 127.0.0.1" in the "Filter string:" field, and clicked
"OK".

That put "host 127.0.0.1" in the "Filter:" field in the "Capture
Options" dialog box, and which point I clicked "OK", and got no parsing
error.