Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] destination for bug report from the decoding of SIP prot

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:58:00 -0800 (PST)
> I have probably found some bugs in the online decoding of the SIP protocol.
>
> Is there some specific address to contact ?
>
> I use the version 0.8.15 on solaris.

Try using the 0.9.1 version first.  It may have fixed some of the
problems.

Then, if there's still a problem, send mail to
"ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx", or to the authors of the dissector, whose
names appear in the source code of the dissector ("packet-sip.c").

> One bug is for instance :
>
> the message body is assumed to be always SDP.
> The Content-Type definition is ignored.

The comment at the beginning of the source file says, among other things

 * TODO: Pay attention to Content-Type: It might not always be SDP.

so that particular problem is a known problem; nobody's done anything
about it yet, however.