Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Not seeing RTP or RTCP traffic on Win2K

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:20:19 -0800 (PST)
> I have a couple commercial LAN protocol Analyzers that do decode RTP
> automatically, but they are not worth the price.

How do they decide whether a packet is an RTP packet or not?

Ethereal will do that *if* it sees RTSP traffic setting up an RTP
session.

> I just wish I could export/save as to Sniffer WAN format

Is that the old DOS-based Sniffer, or the new Windows-based Sniffer?  If
you can send us some Sniffer WAN capture files, and text files
containing the output of a "print to file" operation by the Sniffer that
generated them, we might be able to add the ability to write the files.