Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] General Sniffer setup

From: "Tom Trenker" <ttrenker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:57:05 -0600
I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop that I have setup for dual boot.
It is a 700Mhz Intel P3 with 64mb ram, and a 10gb hard disk that I split
into two partitions using the "fips" program.(from Redhat distribution)
The first partition contains the Windows ME that came with the system,
and on the second partition I have loaded Redhat 7.1 which I use to
run ethereal. I have used it extensively, and it is very reliable.

Linux uses X11 for its user interface, and has good network support.
Check http://www.linux-laptop.net/ to see if your laptop would be
compatible with linux.
- Tom

"Ulf Bertilsson" <ulf.bertilsson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@ethereal.com on 2001/07/24