Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] General Sniffer setup

From: "Ulf Bertilsson" <ulf.bertilsson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:10:57 +0200
Hi,

I'm geting to basic with sniffer debugging quite often now,
using the Win32 port.

The problem is that it works quite bad and unstable on my poartable.
I guess the GTK libs etc need some more work :)

However I'm thinking of making my Win2000 loaded
portable dualboot with some bsd/nix system in base.

Can anyone recomend an basic setup for me ?

I need

 - Some GUI
 - Very Very Basic TCP services ICMP/Telnet basicly
 - Compatible with 3com Megahertz PCMICA card series

Suggestions/Ideas ?

(Portable 20G Disk ,Intel X86 800mhz, 256ram, ATI Rage Mobility gfx
chipset)