Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem with ethereal in WinXP

From: "Evans, TJ" <tjevans@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:54:38 -0400

I am evaluating WinXP, and Ethereal seems to disagree with it <atleast in my case>.

Ethereal will install and launch fine, however anytime I try to start a capture it tosses an error:

"The capture session could not be initiated ... etc etc"

<I have loaded the latest stable Winpcap>.

It will, however, allow me to open previously saved captures ...

Is this a known problem, or did I manage to break something?

Thanks!

TJ