Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Development

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:56:31 -0700 (PDT)
> Ethereal is a fantastic product, that I just discovered.  I have
> interest in the product development.  I have question regarding locating
> all development files.  I am interested in developing in Win32 platform.
> I downloaded from development directory of Ethereal FTP site.  But
> during my primary investigation of these development files revealed that
> all decode definition files (like q931.c and q931.h) are missing.  From
> where I can get those files?

>From the Ethereal source distribution:

	ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/ethereal/ethereal-0.8.19.tar.gz

or from the nightly CVS tarballs under

	ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/ethereal/nightly-builds/

(get the most recent tarball).

If by "the development directory" you meant

	ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/ethereal/win32/development/

that's a directory containing stuff specifically needed for Win32
development - the Ethereal source itself is needed for *any*
development, so it's not packaged up in anything under the
"ethereal/win32" directory.

You will need gzip and tar in order to unpack the source distribution or
the nightly tarballs - but you'll probably need Cygwin anyway to do
development, and it comes with gzip and tar, so you might as well
download it.

See

	ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/ethereal/win32/win32-README.txt

for information on development on Win32, including tools and libraries
that you'll need.