Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] (no subject)

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:37:41 -0500
From: Ketan P Pancholi [mailto:pancholi@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:13 PM

> I downloaded the binary files for ethereal,gtk+,glib
> and libpcap from the aix web site. I installed them
> using smit.The ethereal is now installed but
> I do not know how do I start using ethereal,
> what commands I should use ?I have on three files for ethereal,
> ethereal-0.8.11.0.bff
> ethereal-0.8.11.0.bff.asc
> and
> ethereal-0.8.11.0.exe
>
>Can anyone please help ?

That version is very old. I suggest that you go to
www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32 to download the
wind32-README.txt and ethereal-setup-0.8.19.exe.
This executable will do the install for you. Be sure
to read win32-README.txt because you will have to
install WinPcap to capture traffic on you network.

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****