Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Linux rpm dependency problem

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:34:30 +0200
Dear all,
I've got problems installing ethereal on Linux Red Hat 6.1

I'm going to install the following rpm packages:

	ethereal-base-0.8.18-1.i386.rpm
	ethereal-usermode-0.8.18-1.i386.rpm
	ethereal-gtk+-0.8.18-1.i386.rpm

the base rpm (first one) has dependency problems:

	libcrypto.so.0

I've installed packages like openssl and SSLay and compiled them:

	openssl-0.9.5a-1.src.rpm
	SSLeay-0.8.1-4.src.rpm

but still have dependency problem.

My installation has now /lib/libcrypt.so
does it matter?

Two months ago I've read a similar request regarding RH 7.1
Has anyone solved the problem.

Alternative solutions?
I need only thetereal!

Thanks in advance!