Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Tethereal preferences at the command line

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:01:27 +0100
Is it possible to override the preferences when running tethereal from the
command line?

I can change the columns that I want sorted into a file by using the
Ethereal GUI and updating the preferences file. What I would like is to
write a script that will run a tethereal command line on any machine and
format the columns in the output file no matter what the preference file is
set to.

Is this possible and if so please advise as to the format I need to use to
select the columns. It looks like -o should do the trick but I cannot see
any examples of the arguments required.

For reference I wish to use the following columns:

packet number
src address
dest address
protocol
length

John
John Baker
Core Network Engineering Team,
Core Network Engineering & Standards Unit,
Network Technologies Centre,
Advanced Communications Networks Department,
BTexact Technologies

*
* mailto:john.2.baker@xxxxxx
*

		BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British
Telecommunications plc