Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: SNMP not working in MRTG/Ethereal

From: Wes Hardaker <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Jul 2001 07:31:36 -0700
>>>>> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 14:18:34 -0700 (PDT), Akhilesh Choudhary <akhil_1313@xxxxxxxxx> said:

Akhilesh> well i tried to Run MRTG/Ethereal on my Linux machine but
Akhilesh> could not get the snmpd thing working.  so now i am trying
Akhilesh> to run these on my NT machine Can anyone tell me a simple
Akhilesh> procedure to follow for setting snmp thing.

Your message is rather vague in exactly what your troubles are with:

1) You can't get ethereal to sniff SNMP messages and display them the
   way you want them displayed?

2) You can't get snmpd configured and working properly

3) You can't get snmp management applications to talk to your snmpd agent

4) You can't get MRTG to talk to your snmpd agent.

5) You can't use ethereal to sniff MRTG traffic sent to your snmpd agent?

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."