Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] Re: your mail

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 02:25:58 +0200 (MET DST)
On Sun, 7 May 2000, cresendo . wrote:

>    Our time are limited to only 3 months and I wanted to know is there any
> way to develop such software, maybe part of it or some other ways.

If you don't have very good knowledge about network protocols I don't
think you will be able to do this. But if you do not have to write a
stand alone software, maybe designing a packet description language,
a compiler which compiles the stuff into C (dissector, sanitychecks,
filtering hooks, capturing hooks).  Some people on this list discussed
this a bit some time ago (Richard) and I thought about doing something
like this but never came further than the raw design of the language.
It's something on *my* wishlist for Ethereal at least :-)

 Ciao
    J�rg
--
Joerg Mayer                                 eMail: <jmayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Give an engineer a problem and a curious form of time dilation occurs /AC