Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] Problems with Ethereal & RH 6.2

From: Paul Stillwell <stilpaul@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 23:30:52 -0400
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I don't
subscribe to this list and I couldn't find this problem documented
anywhere.

I just upgraded to RedHat 6.2 and I can't get ethereal going now.  When
I fire it up it says:

ethereal: error in loading shared libraries: ethereal: undefined symbol:
snmp_set_full_objid

I installed from the 0.8.7-1 binary rpm & I do have the snmp prereq
installed.  If you have any hints on how I can get it running, I'd
appreciate a reply to this e-mail ID.  Would compiling and installing
from source help?

Thanks,

Paul