Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] displaying multiple pdu's in one packet as multiple packets f

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:28:00 -0700
Jeff Morriss wrote:

That works up to a point (that point being when the Info column is so long it scrolls off the right of the screen!). I think, though, that having some way of viewing the payload PDUs separately would be useful. I just haven't thought of how that could be done.

One possibility might be to have the packet list be a "tree view" widget rather than a "list view" widget; if a given link-layer packet has data from more than one higher-level packet in it, the top-level row for the packet might be a summary of all the higher-level packets, and if you open it up you'd see the individual summary lines for each of the packets.