Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] displaying multiple pdu's in one packet as multiple packets for s

From: "Durnford, Robin (EXP)" <robin.durnford@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:19:54 -0400
I have been writing a dissector and recently implemented the tcp_dissect_pdus function when I noticed some of my messages were longer than the length field.
The pdu dissection works great except that you have to select the message with multiple pdus in the summary before you notice there are multiple pdus in the packet.
To tcp these packets look like one message and are therefore one row in the summary window, but to the people who will be using the dissector and looking for a particular message at a glance these pdus are actually 2 or more different messages.

Robin