Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] BER errors in H248 dissector (binary MEGACO)

From: "tim endean" <endeant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:47:03 +0100
Incredible, zero length indefinite length, what will we see next!

I need to check but zero length definite length is illegal, I would guess
that zero length indefinite length is also probably illegal.

Heres a patch that shouldn't break every other asn.1 dissector...

I don't want this patch added to svn unless someone can prove to me that it
is permitted, maybe one day someone might use this to prove that it is
permitted, its just horrible.

The h248 also needs some attention, I ended up adding the line

dissector_add("udp.port",2945, h248_handle);

to get it to decode the trace, probably another dissectory somewhere also
registering on the port...

Tim