Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] one more h245/per alignment issue

From: Cvetan Ivanov <zezo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:13:17 +0300
Hello,

While running current [t]ethereal on my capture file collection, I noticed something, that looks like one more byte aligment problem.

It looks like if few bits of the _last_ byte of a (h225/h245) packet are used by some item, then the dissector tries to interpret the remaining bits, and fails.

That occurs very rarely - I've seen it only in few empty msd/tcs release messages. Attached packet illustrates this.

Other than that, I did not find "malformed" packets in all my assorted capture files.

Best regards,

Cvetan