Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] H.225/ASN1 problem

From: "Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:28:18 +0200
You are right, I have found it too.

It will be fixed ASAP.

________________________________

Od: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx za uživatele Cvetan Ivanov
Odesláno: pá 2.6.2006 17:32
Komu: Ethereal development
Předmět: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H.225/ASN1 problem

Hello,

The problem seems to be in the per decoder, probably
dissect_per_octet_string

in the case
         } else if ((min_len==max_len)&&(min_len<65536)) {  /* 16.7 if
length is fixed and less than to 64k*/
                 if (is_per_byte_aligned){
                         BYTE_ALIGN_OFFSET(offset);

val_start is not updated, and if the offset was not aligned from the
start, val_start points to the previous byte

                 if (is_per_byte_aligned){
                         BYTE_ALIGN_OFFSET(offset);
+                       val_start = offset>>3;
                         val_length = min_len;
                         offset+=min_len*8;

seems to fix it, but it would be better if somewone with deeper knolwdge
about packet-ber takes a look at it

btw it would be nice to replace "per_aligment_type_callback" with
"per_alignment_type_callback" in the sources

Cvetan Ivanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While trying few captures with the current svn, I noticed that ip
> addresses and GUIDs are decoded incorrectly.
>
> example:
>
> we have source signall address element that looks like this:
>
> 00 01 02 03 04 05 06
>
> where 0 means ipAddress and the IP should be 1.2.3.4 port 0x0506
> but it's decoded instead as 0.1.2.3 port 0x0506
>
> the same thing goes for the CallIdentifier -
>
> 00 01 02 .... (17 bytes) is decoded like guid 000102..., and it should
> be 010203...
>
> Tested on two different linux systems. Unfortunatrly I'm not too much
> into asn1 and don't have idea how to debug this further.

best regards,

Cvetan

--
Cvetan Ivanov