Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] error in printing error message using simple_dialog

From: "Raman Singla" <ramans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 04:42:30 +0530
hi,
there is a file (trace.def) which is having all the structure format telling
how the hexdumps should be decode for gprs messages

suppose system is unable to open this file, there should be a error message
indicating that error file is missing.

Here when i say error messages they are not with respect to packets, they
are with respect to other issues. before becoding begins it will ensure
these parameters & if it unable to set an working environment it will pop up
an error message. ofcause packet-related error will be using proto_add_text.

Similarly in wiretap (i have written for a new capture file format, if
endian type is missing (file can be in either big/little format then it
won't proceed further & prompt a error messsage)

  simple_dialog(ESD_TYPE_ERROR, ESD_BTN_OK, dec_err_msg);
does this with appropriate paramaters. but here in my case it is giving
error on both platform linux/win.

error on LINUX
it is giving an linking error.
epan/./libs/libethereal.so: undefined reference to 'simple_dialog'

err on WINDOWS
dissectors.lib(packet-dec.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_simp
le_dialog
libethereal.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Apps_32\MICROSOFT VISUAL
STUDIO\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.E
XE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

regards,