Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] how to print error messages in dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:58:02 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

There are two ways to do that:
1. use ptoto_tree_add_text to add a line of text to the packet details
2. use expert info functions to emit a note/warn/error which can be seen
from the relevant menu option.

case 1 is directly visible for the user, but only when selecting the
specific package

case 2 gives a more accessable overview, but has to be called up from the
menu, so is unavailable for tethereal

Thanx,
Jaap