Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Patch: dissectors for the rsplib test programs

From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:07:24 +0200
> Hi Thomas,
>
> the files are missing the correct header. So there is not copyright
> and license information. Could you add them?

The copyright and GPL header is included in the 4 patches I have sent before.

> The other question is about the limited usage of the protocols, since
> they are used only in your demo program. Should we include them in the
> distribution? What do other developers think?

The Component Status Protocol is part of the rsplib library itself, i.e. every
program using the Open Source rsplib library to provide RSerPool-based
services will also send CSP status packets when the appropriate command line
options are provided.

The three other dissectors are for testing and demonstration purposes. I think
they are also quite useful: at the moment, the rsplib library is the only
Open Source implementation of the complete RSerPool framework. That is, most
users wanting to play with RSerPool try these test applications first. In
this case, it would be very nice to have Ethereal support for the packets
types out of the box, instead of having to check the sources out and apply
patches first.

Best regards
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
 E-Mail:     dreibh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh