Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] explanation/disclaimer of buildbot builds

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:33:01 +0800

Hi list,

I recently had a question of what the buildbot builds are (in particular, for Windoze). I looked around the site and didn't see any detailed explanation so I responded with this:

The buildbot builds are automated builds of the Ethereal source code.
For Windoze, what is generated is an installer just like you get with
one of the releases EXCEPT that there's a reasonable chance nobody has
ever installed or run the resulting binary so:

- it may not install correctly
- it may not run correctly
- it may not remove correctly
- it may eat your computer, your hard drive, or your dog ;-)

E.g., they are alpha-alpha-alpha quality.

If that presents too much risk for you, you might want to wait for the next release.

That being said, I've never had any real trouble with them, but I've only had to use them a couple of times.

That may be a little harsh, but would it make sense to include something like that somewhere?