Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] help on dissector_add

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:17:05 -0600
The "dissector table" name space is distinct from the "display filter
variable" namespace. Sometimes the names are the same, but they are
not required to be the same.

Looking at packet-llc.c, the two calls to "register_dissector_table"
register the names "llc.dsap" and "ll.cxid_dsap" (looking at latest
SVN):

/* subdissector code */
    subdissector_table = register_dissector_table("llc.dsap",
      "LLC SAP", FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX);
    xid_subdissector_table = register_dissector_table("llc.xid_dsap",
      "LLC XID SAP", FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX);

--gilbert