Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] help on dissector_add

From: Kiss Gyula <gkiss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:09:32 +0100 (CET)
Hi ethereal devs,

I have a problem with the following function call:

dissector_add( "llc.pid",  0x0088,  abcd_handle );

It causes an assertion fail in packet.c at line 672 (I use 0.10.12)
I dont understand why it fails, because "llc.pid" works fine as filter.
Besides the entire plugin works well if I change this line like "tcp.port"
or ethertype.

I also tried "llc_cisco.pid", however though it started without assertion
failure, but simply didn't work.

Can someone please help me what I do/think wrong?

Thank you very much any response,

A hat lúzer újra együtt! Üvegtigris 2: január 19-től a mozikban!
http://www.uvegtigris.hu