Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Multiple/Recursive PDUs

Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 23:52:55 +0100
Hey Bill,

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 10:16 -0600, Bill Florac wrote:
> Erwin,
>
> You got it, a updated ACN plug in. I had looked at the one wrote but ACN
> has changed so much that I decided to start over.

Yeah I wrote that one based on one of the first drafts, but the drafts
changed so much it isn't even funny anymore :-) And I wasn't planning on
updating it until there would be a real ACN standard, and that could
still take a while :-)

If you get your version done, please let me know, so it can replace the
old version. Actually you could just reuse the directory plugins/acn/
and just replace/update the packet-acn.c file with your version. That
way there will be no double ACN stuff at all.

> However, the Ethereal
> documentation is not clear if you can recursively use the same
> registered field table entry.  It does seem to work but the
> documentation seems to indicate that it uses the hf_xxx memory location
> as part of the tree leading on to believe you would not be able to use
> it more than once.  Having now looked more at the code and understanding
> this a bit more, I don't think it will be a problem but I wanted to get
> the views of those more failure with Ethereal.

Hmmmm yeah this seems a question for Guy, Ulf, Gerald and co.

- Erwin