Ethereal-dev: SV: [Ethereal-dev] X.400 File Transport Body Part Dissector

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:44:56 +0200
Checked in.

Brg
Anders

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] För Graeme Lunt
Skickat: den 22 oktober 2005 17:53
Till: 'Ethereal development'
Ämne: [Ethereal-dev] X.400 File Transport Body Part Dissector

Hi,

Here is a patch for the X.400 File Transfer Body Part (FTBP) - the usual
protocol files are carried in X.400 messages. It imports heavily from the
FTAM dissector.

The new ethereal/asn1/ftbp files are in the ftbp.tar.gz.

The ftbp.patch file includes:
a) A fix to acse.cnf which works around an asn2eth bug (it is the
AE-qualifier EXPORT I want, but asn2eth doesn't generate the appropriate
extern for the values). Also a small cosmetic change for EXTERNAL decodings.
b) New EXPORTs for the FTAM dissector for use in FTBP.
c) A fix to asn2eth to solve the problem if you EXPORT types that include a
'-' character in the name (e.g. "AE-qualifier" from acse.cnf,
"Date-and-Time-Attribute" from ftam.cnf). The problem is that asn2eth
generates the "xxxx-exp.cnf" file using the 'C' name (which has replaced '-'
with '_') rather than the original 'ASN' name. The fix just undoes the
replacement as I couldn't see the original name being preserved anywhere.
There still remains a problem if the type has a '.' in the name - but
generally I don't think they do.

The asn2eth patch is CRITICAL, so if it is not acceptable reject the whole
submission.

d) Update to epan/dissectors/Makefile.common for the new dissector

Note I haven't included a patch to acse-exp.cnf as the new asn2eth will fix
it.
Is there any reason acse-exp.cnf is under revision control?

I will put up an X.400 capture containing a FTBP on the sample captures page
shortly.

Graeme