Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] mergecap from fifos

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:55:58 +0100
Hi,

The attached patch and replacements of wiretap/file_wrappers.{c,h} address the can't-mergecap-from-fifos problem by adding a layer of buffering to capture file access in wiretap.

This trick only works for capture file formats which can be read incrementally in a single pass, but since that includes libpcap, I've found it to be adequate for my needs.

I've found it works pretty well for me, but please do share any comments.

Richard

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Analyst