Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] plugins/giop/packet-parlay.c compile problem

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:38:53 +1000
SVN version of plugins/giop/packet-parlay.c seems to have go so big that
gcc 2.95.3 does not compile it with -g.

/tmp/ccl1HYK9.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccl1HYK9.s:85947: Warning: .stabs: description field '10031' too
big, try a different debug format
repeated 42558 times

That was at about 230MB real storage and 8 CPU minutes (1700 Bogomips).
The box has 1.75GB so it wasn't out of memory.

I wound up doing make -k, then editting plugins/giop/Makefile to remove
-g from CFLAGS

Still took 230MB and 11.5 CPU minutes.

                -- Dr. Who