Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win32 build

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:48:22 +0100
After building this morning on win32 after an SVN update I noted the
following:

1.  Config.nmake has not been updated for zlib123.
2.  When building plugins, the makefile generally has a target of
"plugin.dll plugin.exp plugin .lib" to produce the dll.  This causes the
linker to be run 3 times, once for each target.  According to the MS docs
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/H
TML/_core_link_output.asp) the link will produce the .lib file.  Empirical
testing shows that it also produces the .exp file.  I can see no reason why
the extra targets are required.  It's not as if it's likely that anyone is
going to delete the files separately from the dll.

Regards,

Graham Bloice