Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FreeBSD buildbot failures

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:19:46 -0700
LEGO wrote:
I think './tethereal -G ...' fails as the new radius defines almost
three thousand new fields we have to increase the timeout from 600
seconds to something higher.

It's failing with SIGSEGV ("signal 11"), so it's probably something other than that.

As for the segmentation fault in the test-menagerie I did several
rounds of fuzz-testing on the new code and did not get any.

If it's a problem with the code to read the RADIUS dictionary that fails only on some platforms (it's not failing for me on OS X), that might explain both failures.

Gerald, can you get a stack trace of the crashes? (Can the scripts get run gdb on the Tethereal binary and resulting core file - core.$PID - and get a backtrace?)