Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] DIS protocol dissector question

From: "Erik Sternerson" <Erik_Sternerson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:24:27 -0700

I’m also a newbie of sorts, but as far as I know, this is how it is:

Dissectors can either be part of the Ethereal main program (most common), and if you want to use some dissector that isn’t part of the latest official build, try getting hold of a more recent build or compile it yourself.

Or, the dissector can be a plugin for Ethereal. In that case it can be added to your current installation without too much trouble (provided you and the plugin dev. Is using the same version of ethereal)

Also, I believe not all systems that Ethereal can run on supports plugins.

Where you can find Jeremy’s dissector is completely up to Jeremey. Whether he has been kind enough to put it somewhere easily reachable, or if he’s keeping it to himself.

Hope this helped.

Erik