Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] DIS protocol dissector question

From: "Lane, Frank L" <frank.l.lane@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:35:41 -0500

Hi List,

I’m a newbie so please excuse any unintentional faux pas.  Earlier today I noticed some traffic in this list’s archives regarding a DIS protocol dissector.  The message I saw was from a developer named Jeremy Oueller (please forgive spelling of last name).  To the best of my understanding Jeremy was asking if his dissector was being included in distributions.  I lost the thread at that point and couldn’t find any follow ups.  I could use this dissector today.

Now to show my woeful ignorance, is a dissector a flat file (i.e. like ASCII text, or XML) that can easily be downloaded on my system?  How can I find Jeremy’s dissector in the ethereal world (cvs anonymous user, …)?

Thanks,

Frank