Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SVN builds: color filter issues?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:23:33 +0200
Jeff Morriss wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> In recent days I used some of the SVN builds for Windoze.  I noticed a
> couple things that I thought I'd report:
>
> - every time I start Ethereal I get an error box (with just an OK
> prompt) saying "Could not compile color filter Routing from saved
> filters.
> Syntax error."
>
> I've never used color filters on this machine (AFAIK).

That's from the default colorfilters installed now. There was a syntax
error in that file. Thanks reporting, this will certainly prevent us
from a lot of user feedback at the next release :-)

I've checked in a fix for this.

> - when I uninstall it it says it can't delete "C:\Program
> Files\Ethereal\".  Apparently the directory was not empty: it still
> contained these files:
>
> cfilters
> colorfilters
> dfilters
>
> I usually just delete the directory, but shouldn't the uninstaller do
> that for me?  Or should it not complain?

Well, these files may be identical to the default files, or may be
edited by the user. So they shouldn't be removed without asking the user
first.

I've filed this bug at bugzilla #283, so it won't get lost...

Regards, ULFL