Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: ASN.1/RTSE/ROS/X.411

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 04:13:43 -0400
Good stuff.

Please see the CMIP (which uses ROS)  FTAM and MMS  which are all
implemented ontop of ACSE and which shows how some data is passed from
the PRES layer to the dissector using the SESSION structure.

Since this structure is already used for these things, this is i think
where you would add your extra variable.

As for ROS,  CMIP implements it by hand in the conformance file since
we dont have a ROS dissector yet.
Cutnpaste from that file would probably do the trick until we have ROS
in ethereal.

Please also note that ACSE was replaced wholesale with an asn2eth
generated dissector a few weeks ago which also replaced the way you
register a subdissector for use with ACSE.

I dont think i have seen a real SET yet in a real packet, so if you
can donate a capture file and the corresponding ASN1 definition
maybe Tomas can see whatever needs to be added to asn2eth and I can
add the support to packet-ber.c