Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] jitter question

From: Alejandro Vaquero <alejandrovaquero@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:05:42 -0600
According to the RFC:

"The interarrival jitter is calculated continuously as each data
packet i is received from source SSRC_n, using this difference D for
that packet and the previous packet i-1 in order of arrival (not
necessarily in sequence), according to the formula"

...that means it doesn't matter if there is a packet lost (or out of
sequence) it always be calculated from the previous received packet.

Regards
Alejandro