Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SCTP analysis (similar to tcp.analysis stuff)

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:27:31 +0200
Hi Jeff,

yes, I thought about it. First I think it should be done in a tap, because you can collect
there the necessary information easily.

But it is difficult to do a good analysis because you can not be sure to know about all packets which were sent. If you capture not on all links, you have a problem. And you can not capture on both endpoints. Doing it right would require to have two captures
and compare them.

However, it might be better than nothing just to use the information in the capture and provide some hints... I think this could be done by using the data in the data structures for
the GUI stuff.

Best regards
Michael