Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [Patch] Support for the ICMP extensions for MPLS

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:00:45 -0700
Brice Augustin wrote:

Here is a patch for ethereal-0.10.11 to decode the ICMP extensions for
MPLS described in :

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/01aug/I-D/draft-ietf-mpls-icmp-02.txt

Note that, as the draft says, this collides with RFC 1812; I have at least one capture with an ICMP packet containing more than 128 bytes of the original datagram.

Should we have an ICMP preference setting to indicate whether to assume all of the ICMP payload is the original datagram or to assume that no more than 128 bytes of the original datagram are in the ICMP payload?