Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Should we really report Ethereal as GNU software in the help outp

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:31:18 +0200
Hi List!

While looking at the help output when running:

ethereal -h

the first output line is:

This is GNU ethereal 0.10.11.027 (SVN 20050616195114)

Is there a reason that we report Ethereal as GNU software?

I would think only the software from the GNU foundation should be called
like this.

I assume this is a leftover copied from some GNU software which acted as
a skeleton, so the GNU term should be removed.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: http://directory.fsf.org/ethereal.html states (on the right side of
the page) that Ethereal is *not* a GNU package